Our primary goals in collecting information are to administer, monitor, and improve the Site, its features and content, and to provide and improve the Services and verify that users of the Services meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do this so as to improve user experiences for Site visitors, customers, and users of our Services.
How We Collect Information; Kinds of Information We Collect
We collect information by using “log data” and “cookies,” by obtaining information from your usage of our Services, and by asking for information when visitors buy a product, register for and/or use a Service, or do various other things, as described below.
Log Data. When you visit the Site, whether as a non-registered visitor just browsing or as an individual who has registered via the Site (any of these, a “Dragon War User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address; browser type; the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site; pages of our Site that you visit; information you search for on our Site; and other statistics.
Cookies. Like many websites, we use “cookies” -- small data files transferred to your computer’s hard disk – to collect information. We use two kinds of cookies. First, we utilize session ID cookies to enable certain features of the Site, to better understand how visitors interact with the Site, to monitor aggregate usage by Dragon War Users, and to monitor web traffic routing on the Site. Second, we utilize persistent cookies for persons who have registered with Dragon War to save their login information for future logins to the Site. While session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Site and then close your browser, persistent cookies remain. You can set your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Services.
We ask for and/or obtain Non-identifying Information. At times, we ask you for non-identifying information (e.g., without limitation, age, gender, product information, zip code (on its own), country (on its own), and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”). We ask for such information while collecting other information from you as part of a purchase by you or in connection with your registration for a Service or your request for an offering or for personalization of the Services you use. In addition, we also obtain Non-Identifying Information by collecting and maintaining data on your use of Services, such as information on frequency, time and duration of use, and similar. We may aggregate your Non-Identifying Information with such information collected from other Dragon War Users and with log data and/or data from cookies to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Site, the Services, and/or our products, and to analyze and understand how our Site and/or Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product or Service to you according to your preferences or restrictions. Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information (a term defined below) if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may be able to link Non-identifying Information to your Personal Information.
We ask for and/or Receive Personally Identifiable Information. At times, we ask you for personally identifiable information – information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”) – which includes, but is not limited to, your name, photo, phone number, email address, website URL, instant message contact information, and postal address. We ask for Personal Information in a number of situations, including when you register a product, register for a Service, sign up for a Promotion, opt in to receive email notifications or contact us via the Services, or other situations. You do not have to provide your Personal Information, but then certain features, offerings or Services may not be available to you, or you may not be able to complete a transaction. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Services, complete your transactions, and verify your identity to administer or respond to your inquiries or prevent fraud, or similar.
Specific examples where we ask for or receive your Personal Information include the following:
· Product or Service Registrations and Updates. To use some of our Services or offerings, you must register to create an account, and during registration we will collect your email address and possibly other Personal Information. Services or offerings that you sign up for.
· Newsletters and Promotional Materials. Dragon War offers newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you register to receive any of these, Dragon War will use your Personal Information to provide such materials in the manner you elected. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or contact us at email@example.com
· Contact That You Have Initiated. If you call, email, or otherwise contact us, we may collect Personal Information from you. We may contact you where you have requested information or requested a communication from us.
· Social Networking Sites (SNS). As a community-driven company, we keep presences on prominent SNSs including, but not limited, to Facebook and Twitter. It is completely optional for you to be involved with our SNS activities. However, if you do choose to participate (for example, by “liking” our profile, posting a message, or answering a poll), we will have access to the information you divulge, which may include Personal Information, depending on your SNS privacy settings.
Information Sharing and/or Disclosure
· If You Have Given Your Consent. Your Personal Information is shared or published where you have given consent, such as in connection with a Promotion where you have been awarded a prize, or where you have provided your Personal Information for posting on the Dragon War Blog.
Service Providers. We may use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing and improvement of the Services’ features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other